Thursday, April 23, 2015

Contemporary Abstract Painting "A Quilter's Music" by Contemporary Realism Artist Carol A. McIntyre


"A Quilter's Music Box," started as a challenge to myself. I wanted to paint an abstract using light and low contrast colors and values. It proved to be more of an artistic challenge than I thought it would.  The theme of threads weaving in and out - almost like hide and seek - through several layers is the concept I was trying to convey. While I was finishing the painting I keep thinking of quilters; the rhythmic threads reminded me of music.


 To see Carol's work in a living room setting, please click HERE

24"x30x1.5" Oil on Canvas/Available

Click HERE for pricing.

Click HERE for a virtual tour of Carol's Colorado studio.

Click HERE to view a video of the progression of a commissioned painting.

Click HERE  to purchase Carol's Book:


"PAINTING MY PASSION: AN ARTIST'S JOURNEY WITH THE WOMEN OF THE WEST"

View more of my work at http://carolamcintyre.com